The A.A. Teachers' Lounge BlackBoard Newsletter
Well..., I placed a new and colorful map of Africa on the African-American
Lesson Plan page, all of the countries are labeled!
I also spruced up the A.A. Lesson Plans page with
some Kente Strips
For the teacher on the go, here are this week's "5
Quick Pick Lesson Plans". Just add water and stir...
5 QUICK PICK LESSON PLANS
By the way, if you are looking for technology lesson
- Creepy Class Creatures-Math-Grades k-3
- Life Cycles of Pacific Salmon-Science-Grades
- Beautiful Butterflies-Art-Grades k-3
- Where We Came From-Social Studies-Grades
- Global Issues-Language Arts-Grades 4-6
For those teachers and others who are looking to
further improve there education, there's Distance
Learning through CASO's
Internet University, check it out and let me know
Well. bye for now!
P.S. If you would like to receive this newsletter via
e-mail write to: huxtable@webtv
In the meantime read this very important message:
The 8 Mainstays of Effective Teaching
1. Encourage and accept student autonomy, initiation,
2. Whenever possible, use raw data and primary
sources, along with manipulative, interactive, and
3. Allow student thinking to drive lessons. Shift
instructional strategies or alter content based on
4. Ask students for theories about concepts before
sharing your understanding of those concepts.
5. Encourage students to engage in dialogue, both
with the teacher and with one another.
6. Seek elaboration of students' initial responses.
7. Encourage student inquiry by asking thoughtful,
open-ended questions and encouraging students to
ask questions of others.
8. Allow wait time after posing questions.
Back to the African-American Teachers' Lounge